The following checklist should be discussed between you and the seller. It will be to everybody's benefit if it is accomplished prior to the home inspection.
- Make sure all utilities, water, electric, & gas are on and all pilot lights are lit.
- Write notes to me about any special concerns such as pets, locking up the home, thermostat settings, or repairs or replacements that may already have been made or planned.
- Make sure all rooms / areas of the home, garage, and outbuildings can be unlocked so I can get into them.
- Move any boxes or storage to allow for a clear view of the walls, especially in basements & garages.
- Replace any light bulbs that aren't working.
- Arrange items under sinks to allow for adequate inspection of the plumbing and the floor of the cabinet.
- Make sure I have access to inspect the attic; water heaters; electrical panels; furnaces; air conditioners; sump pumps, etc.
- Fireplaces / Wood stoves: Make sure old ashes are cleaned out to allow for inspection.
- Share any information you think might be helpful to the buyer or to to CAI.