Do you know the symptoms of CO poisoning?
- Irregular breathing
- Feeling tired or ill at home but fine away from home
- Loss of consciousness and respiratory failure.
- Foul-smelling or stale air
- The smell of exhaust fumes
- Large areas of condensation or water vapor on walls or windows
What’s the best prevention?
Be sure all fuel-burning equipment is installed and operated properly
- Have equipment inspected annually by a qualified professional
- Provide adequate ventilation in your home
- Never burn charcoal indoors or in an enclosed space
- Open your garage door before starting vehicles
The surest way to know if there is carbon monoxide in your home is to use a Carbon Monoxide detector. If you suspect CO poisoning or a natural gas leak, leave the building immediately and call 911.
Your safety matters to us!
Have a Question - Ask a Columbus Ohio Home Inspector